The climate changes very fast and as a consequence it influences the nature in the most important way.
The fuel consumption, the industrial growth and the deforrestration have created the "phenomenon of the Greenhouse",The phenomenon of Global Warming, increases the temperature and as consequence the balance in nature is interrupted.
Fuel consumption even if it is one of the most important needs of the humanity it is also one of the most critical factors that create the so called Global Warming.
Book Your Car Hire Here
Green tips for a healthier planet
- Invest your savings only in green investments.
- Whenever you can, try using green cleaning products
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Avoid buying bottled water or try to reuse the water bottles more than once.
- Buy food locally and in season.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Avoid buying newspaper, paper and magazine. Be familiar with reading the news online or try to recycle your paper and your magazine.
- Be familiar with electronic banking and credit card payment.
- Don’t throw your batteries away. Take them to a recycling centre or use rechargeable batteries
- Prefer "navy" showers and short ones. Shut off the water while shampooing or soaping.
- Recycle all of your electronic appliances.
- Prefer full loads of laundry using cold water.
- Don’t run the water when brushing your teeth or cleaning up your face.
- Wash towels after several uses.
- Try to turn off lights and electronics every time you leave a room.
- Replace the common lamps of glow with new lamps of low consumption.
- Prefer roof fans instead of air conditioners.
- Prefer buying refreshments in returnable glass bottles.
- Try to use alternative ways of transportation.
- Plant a tree. Recycle newspapers and magazinesUnplug your cell phone charger when not using it.
- Avoid using your car all the time. Ride a bike or walk.
- Avoid buying new books. Borrow one, or visit a library.
- Maintain the mail list that you need.
- Buy products that are made of recyclable materials.
- Bring your own bags to the market.
- Avoid buying cleaning products. Try to use only organic cleaning products instead..
Find available hybrid car categories to hire, at your destination, at our car fleet section...
Some clever tips in order to consume less fuel
- Choose fuel-efficient cars or hybrid cars.
- Avoid aggressive driving. Use the gas pedal and the break wisely. Remember that the faster you drive the more gas you use.
- Save your fuel by following the speed limit.
- Avoid traffic jam. "Stop and go" driving is more fuel consuming.
- Make one big driving way instead of a lot of small ones. If you start the car after more than one hour sitting, it consumes five times more fuel.
- Don’t carry a heavy load. Heavier cars lead to an increase of fuel consumption of about 1%.
- Try avoiding using air- condition. Air-condition consumes a lot of fuel.
- Use modern vehicles, as these vehicles don’t need any time to warm up.
- Turn your car off, if you are inert for more than one minute.
- Consider sharing your car with others
The enviroment is in danger due to global warming. Several surveys show that if action is not taken then the consequences to our enviroment will be catstrophic. The protection of the planet is of high priority. The change of our daily routine as far as the way we act and react is our responsibility. The role of each responsible company is to respect the values, the culture, the human dignity, the equal opportunities, the environment and the improvement of the quality of life.
EconomyCarRentals.co.uk is a company with corporate social responsibility, which recognizes the need of acting in order to save the nature. As planting trees is one of the most important ways to maintain oxygen, in 2007 EconomyCarRentals donated 2.000 Euros for the cause of tree planting. In 2008 EconomyCarRentals.co.uk donated an amount of 4.000 Euros for the same cause and in 2009 it is planning to donate an amount of 6000 Euros for that cause.
EconomyCarRentals.co.uk also supports the work of Unicef in more than 150 countries and regions in the world, trying to make an effort to help. Recognizing its responsibility towards society and the environment it deposited 6500 euro to Unicef account as its contribution to what should be a common effort to help those in need.